----Learning to Rethink Food----
The Journey of a Cook to a Chef

Monday, January 4, 2010

Fraternizing with Fennel

Fennel is a relatively unfamiliar vegetable to my fridge. Today is the beginning of my latest exploration into the world of intriguing and possibly misunderstood vegetables. I have purchased two Florence fennel bulbs today along with a variety of other fresh produce and basic seafood. The licorice like flavor often associated with this plant is frequently paired with shrimp and fish. The base proteins that I have decided to start with are shrimp, scallop, and Tilapia to explore this flavor pairing. To familiarize myself with some raw applications as well, I have decided to try some salad combinations and sauce blends. Future posting will follow my progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment